Here’s a story about a beloved pet which will melt every animal lover’s heart and possibly bring a tear to your eye.
Casey, a described as a bull cross English mastiff, was nominated for Pet of the Day by Lewis Eyers and Tara Bartlett.
Here’s the touching story of Casey which they provided so you can see what made her special and why we chose her.
“Casey lived in Evenden Road, Meopham, and was often in the front garden watching everyone pass by, something of a well-known local celebrity in our street.
“Owned by us from a newborn up to 6.5 years old when she was put to sleep due to losing her long-fought battle with cancer on July 9, after already beating cancer once in 2011.
“Always trustworthy with every animal and person in any given situation, Casey never failed to smother us with love even during her last moments comforting us! We will miss her human ways every day even through our darkest hours, forever we were truly blessed to have shared our lives with her.
“What a champion, thank you Casey from the bottom of our hearts. Love for ever and always mumma and pupa - as she knew us.”
- Pet owners warned to watch out for poisonous plants in Chelsea Flower Show week
- Pet of the Week: Bootsie (and her mouse)
- Pet of the Week: Freddie Krueger has a soft side
- **WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE** Deadly disease threatens healthy dogs across London and Kent
- Pet of the Day: Rescue pony Bea has star quality