Here’s a story about a beloved pet which will melt every animal lover’s heart and possibly bring a tear to your eye.
Casey, a described as a bull cross English mastiff, was nominated for Pet of the Day by Lewis Eyers and Tara Bartlett.
Here’s the touching story of Casey which they provided so you can see what made her special and why we chose her.
“Casey lived in Evenden Road, Meopham, and was often in the front garden watching everyone pass by, something of a well-known local celebrity in our street.
“Owned by us from a newborn up to 6.5 years old when she was put to sleep due to losing her long-fought battle with cancer on July 9, after already beating cancer once in 2011.
“Always trustworthy with every animal and person in any given situation, Casey never failed to smother us with love even during her last moments comforting us! We will miss her human ways every day even through our darkest hours, forever we were truly blessed to have shared our lives with her.
“What a champion, thank you Casey from the bottom of our hearts. Love for ever and always mumma and pupa - as she knew us.”
- Pet of the Day: Stevie the Staffie, the guest who stayed to become a best friend
- Stat Chat: Most people say their pet is equally or more important than family
- Pet of the Day: Maisie is one sleeping dog you should let lie
- Cat dead in Mottingham after being shot in the neck
- Pet of the Day: Gucci yodels at police cars and ice cream vans