Erith and Thamesmead MP Teresa Pearce hosted a jobs fair in Belvedere attended by 400 people.
Belvedere Community Centre welcomed advisory services, education providers, local businesses and large national recruiters who spoke with members of the public about the opportunities they had to offer.
Lidl UK is looking to fill around 200 positions and interviewed prospective candidates on the day.
Asda, Crossrail, CuroCare, Hovis, and Iceland were also in attendance to speak about their vacancies.
A number of people attended seminars and workshops at the centre in Mitchell Close on July 11. One-to-one personalised careers advice sessions were also popular.
Ms Pearce said: “Unemployment is a big problem across Erith and Thamesmead and I am really pleased so many of my constituents took the opportunity to speak directly with employers about their current vacancies.
“Hopefully a number of people will be able to secure employment as a result of the day.
“I would like to thank the local and national employers who came on the day to speak with constituents about their live vacancies.
“I would also like to thank the advisory services and the education providers who were present on the day to offer helpful tips and information about the opportunities they have to offer.
“Unemployment can have a big impact on individuals and families, and I hope that this event will have helped some people to find work and determine what steps they will take next.”
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police find these suspected criminals?
- Work halted on clearing 18,000-tonne Waste4Fuel dump after contaminated waste found
- WANTED: Police hunt 18 suspects in connection with violence at Millwall v Leicester City FA Cup match
- What to do with your old £1 coins and by when - with new pound coin coming this month
- National Offer Day: Thousands of children across UK set to miss out on first choice of secondary school place