Believe it or not, a lot goes through a man’s mind when he considers where to take a date.
New research has revealed the top ten things guys think about when booking a venue, and it would seem that his stomach – rather than romance – could be most important.
Here’s the list:
The menu – 80 per cent
Easy to get to – 72 per cent
The staff – 70 per cent
Friends’ recommendations – 69 per cent
Lighting and ambience – 68 per cent
The drinks selection – 66 per cent
Good online reviews – 65 per cent
Price – 63 per cent
Music – 50 per cent
Live sport on TV – 28 per cent
The research was commissioned by npower small business, which is encouraging businesses to think hard about how important lighting is for places like pubs and clubs.
According to the figures, 88 per cent of Brits said lighting would affect how much they enjoy a date or romantic meal.
Nearly a third (29 per cent) have walked out of a restaurant or bar because of bad lighting, whether it is too bright or too dim.
npower’s head of customer service for small business, Rachel Vincent said: “We can probably all think of an occasion that has been spoiled by a restaurant or bar not getting the ambience right and lighting is a crucial part of that.”
- Game of Thrones most popular TV show among cheaters
- Bromley Green Gym: The workout with a difference
- How to get a hot body like The Dreamboys (and why you are unlikely to sleep with one)
- Bromley woman sets up donation-only yoga classes
- PICTURES: Fitness classes for men aged 50-plus on the rise in Bromley