Plumstead pop star Lee Ryan has teamed up with an indie band for their latest single.
The former Welling School pupil who has had three number one albums with boyband Blue, has teamed up with Brighton rockers Rubylux to release Lovers in New York this autumn.
The band are hoping to breakthrough to big things, having played a number of festivals this summer, made it onto the Radio 2 A-list and received personal recognition from the likes of The Who’s Roger Daltrey, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and Seasick Steve.
Thirty-one-year-old Lee, who has lived in Bickley, said: “I am honoured to have been asked by Rubylux to work with them on the Lovers of New York track.
“It’s a pleasure to be able to work with the guys, we have a mutual respect and a passion for music.”
Lovers of New York by Rubylux, featuring Lee Ryan, is out September 14.
- WATCH: Colonel Sanders fight Ronald McDonald at Lewisham McDeez
- Taylor Swift support acts named for British Summer Time at Hyde Park
- Tom Jones and Van Morrison team up for BluesFest in Greenwich
- Ex-superbike champion, James Toseland, releases music video filmed in Belvedere
- Chislehurst band set for Isle of Wight Festival