Plumstead pop star Lee Ryan has teamed up with an indie band for their latest single.
The former Welling School pupil who has had three number one albums with boyband Blue, has teamed up with Brighton rockers Rubylux to release Lovers in New York this autumn.
The band are hoping to breakthrough to big things, having played a number of festivals this summer, made it onto the Radio 2 A-list and received personal recognition from the likes of The Who’s Roger Daltrey, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and Seasick Steve.
Thirty-one-year-old Lee, who has lived in Bickley, said: “I am honoured to have been asked by Rubylux to work with them on the Lovers of New York track.
“It’s a pleasure to be able to work with the guys, we have a mutual respect and a passion for music.”
Lovers of New York by Rubylux, featuring Lee Ryan, is out September 14.
- We chatted to one of the World's greatest DJs - Andy C - about South West Four 2016
- Pigs can fly: We spoke to Charlie Simpson about Busted's reunion ahead of shows at The O2 and Sandown Park
- Circa Waves join LeeFest bill alongside glitter wrestling, beach parties and burlesque
- Croydon rapper Loyle Carner - following in the footsteps of Bastille and Clean Bandit at LeeFest
- Asian music legend Ustad Rahat Fateh Khan is coming to Greenwich