Greenwich is less than a month away from a major outdoor music series.
Blackheath’s Jools Holland headlines Greenwich Music Time on Saturday, August 23, with his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra and special guests Mel C and Soft Cell’s Marc Almond.
The gigs, which include Russell Watson and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing Proms on the Thames on the Friday (August 22), will be held outside at the Old Royal Naval College, in the shadow of Sir Christopher Wren’s iconic twin domes.
Electronic duo Goldfrapp will play on Thursday (August 21), following the Australian Pink Floyd on Wednesday (August 20).
Each night, the 5,000-strong crowds will see recent graduates from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance open the festivities.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “Greenwich Music Time will add to the unbeatable variety of great music events that London hosts throughout the year.
“Amidst the historic surroundings of the Old Royal Naval College, it promises to be a summertime treat and will be another reason to visit this increasingly exciting part of the capital.”
Go to greenwichmusictime.co.uk
- Fleetwood Mac add fifth Greenwich show
- S Club 7 reach for Greenwich following Children in Need reunion
- VIDEO X Factor: Welling's Charlie Jones and Stereo Kicks swing through Big Band week
- Bette Midler and Ariana Grande announce Greenwich shows
- The Who, Paul Weller and Johnny Marr announced for British Summer Time at Hyde Park