A Sydenham man who raped the same victim on a number of separate occasions has been jailed for 13 years.
Julian Burke, 30, of Church Rise, was found guilty at Woolwich Crown Court yesterday (July 23) of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
The offences took place between late September last year and January 11 this year, when Burke was arrested.
Detective Inspector Neal Burton, of the Met Police’s sexual offences command, said: "It took courage and determination for the victim to report these offences to police.
"She has been supported throughout the process by specially trained officers and has now seen her attacker convicted.
"I encourage victims of sexual offences to report the incidents to police."
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- Former Queen Elizabeth Hospital gynaecologist guilty of series of sex assaults on patients
- Man, 26, arrested over burglary at Gravesend gurdwara