A Sydenham man who raped the same victim on a number of separate occasions has been jailed for 13 years.
Julian Burke, 30, of Church Rise, was found guilty at Woolwich Crown Court yesterday (July 23) of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
The offences took place between late September last year and January 11 this year, when Burke was arrested.
Detective Inspector Neal Burton, of the Met Police’s sexual offences command, said: "It took courage and determination for the victim to report these offences to police.
"She has been supported throughout the process by specially trained officers and has now seen her attacker convicted.
"I encourage victims of sexual offences to report the incidents to police."
- PICTURED: Duchess of Cambridge dazzles Deptford and Sydenham in pink
- Man charged with rape after two women report being attacked
- UPDATE: Man charged 37 times after Met Police make dozens of arrests in dawn raids
- What's on this weekend: 13 great shows, gigs and family events in south east London and north Kent (March 28 and 29)
- Overwhelming support for Lewisham Bakerloo Line plan - less so for Bromley extension