A Sydenham man who raped the same victim on a number of separate occasions has been jailed for 13 years.
Julian Burke, 30, of Church Rise, was found guilty at Woolwich Crown Court yesterday (July 23) of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
The offences took place between late September last year and January 11 this year, when Burke was arrested.
Detective Inspector Neal Burton, of the Met Police’s sexual offences command, said: "It took courage and determination for the victim to report these offences to police.
"She has been supported throughout the process by specially trained officers and has now seen her attacker convicted.
"I encourage victims of sexual offences to report the incidents to police."
- Baby girl aged four months rescued from locked car in Thamesmead
- Major delays for London-bound Southeastern Railway commuters
- Stat Chat: What do people think about driverless cars?
- Pet of the Day: Charlie the Staffie is not a fan of thunder
- Goldsmiths professor wins diversity award