Fiercly independent Catford rapper ShaoDow has taken a leaf out of Dr Dre’s book by selling a line of headphones.
The 28-year-old - whose second album Kung Fu Hustler has had support from BBC Radio 1, 1Xtra and 6Music - has set up his own pop up shop, The Blue and Purple store.
Similar to West Coast rap icon Dr Dre's, who has his hugely popular Beats brand, Shaodow sell his own DIY Gang branded wireless headphones.
When he first trialled it at Whiteleys Shopping Centre in west London earlier this year, the headphones sold out within a week.
The shop, where he also sells his music, t-shirts and does signings, has gone on the road to Southampton and is heading to Reading this summer.
ShaoDow, real name Elliot Haslam, uses the money to put back into his career to make the music his fans want.
Go to shaodowmusic.com
- Paul Simon and Sting add second Greenwich show following sell out
- Lauryn Hill adds a second intimate Greenwich date
- Paul Simon and Sting, The Vamps, Paloma Faith, You Me at Six all book Greenwich O2 shows
- 2-for-1 tickets to see the world's best Eagles tribute at Greenwich's IndigO2
- REVIEW: Smiles all round at OnBlackheath music and food festival