Animal lovers can get hands on with cute critters in Erith early next month.
Erith Riverside Shopping Centre’s Pet Day on August 9 will include the chance to cuddle dogs, chickens, guinea pigs and rabbits.
As well as the live animals, there will be stalls selling pet-related products and craft items while charities will be on hand with tips and advice.
Centre manager Barry Owen said: “As a nation of animal lovers, most owners know the joys of sharing their lives with their pets, but many are unaware of the physical and psychological health benefits of the human-animal bond.
“In celebration of this we’re holding a very special Pet Day at Erith Riverside and encourage people of all ages to come down and attend our special event.”
- 14 gorgeous nature photos showing how beautiful SE London and north Kent can be
- 7 of the best book events happening in south London in January and February
- VIDEO: Auschwitz survivors tell their stories on Holocaust Memorial Day
- Make Love in the Archives in Greenwich top of your Valentine’s Day plans
- PICTURED: Rare Winston Churchill artefacts on display in north Kent to mark 50 years since his death