A motorcyclist has been seriously injured in a crash in Leesons Hill, St Paul's Cray, this morning.
The incident happened at the junction with Manorfields Close at around 8am, and resulted in the closure of a large part of Leesons Hill.
A post on Facebook group Orpington Gossip said: "Serious traffic accident on Leesons Hill involving a bike, road closed by police in both directions, mayhem avoid at all costs.
"Police said road will be closed for hours."
A police spokesman said: "We were called at about 8.20am to Leesons Hill to a collision between a van and a motorcycle.
"London Air Ambulance and Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
"The motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries but they are not thought to be life threatening."
A London Ambulance Service spokesman added: "We sent two ambulance crews, a duty officer and a London Air Ambulance crew in a car.
"We treated a man in his 20s for a leg injury. He was taken to Kings College Hospital."
Buses 273 and R1 were on diversion.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATE: Two arrests after 15-year-old girl gang-raped in Bromley park
- JAILED: Lidl cashier who let customers through without paying for everything
- Traffic through New Cross after gas leak sparks emergency repairs
- 'Bigoted and xenophobic': Councillors at war following 'vile' and 'hateful' protest in Sidcup
- Travellers pitch up on empty Ikea site in north Greenwich