A motorcyclist has been seriously injured in a crash in Leesons Hill, St Paul's Cray, this morning.
The incident happened at the junction with Manorfields Close at around 8am, and resulted in the closure of a large part of Leesons Hill.
A post on Facebook group Orpington Gossip said: "Serious traffic accident on Leesons Hill involving a bike, road closed by police in both directions, mayhem avoid at all costs.
"Police said road will be closed for hours."
A police spokesman said: "We were called at about 8.20am to Leesons Hill to a collision between a van and a motorcycle.
"London Air Ambulance and Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
"The motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries but they are not thought to be life threatening."
A London Ambulance Service spokesman added: "We sent two ambulance crews, a duty officer and a London Air Ambulance crew in a car.
"We treated a man in his 20s for a leg injury. He was taken to Kings College Hospital."
Buses 273 and R1 were on diversion.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com
- Victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy named locally as Woolwich student and Slade Green brothers
- As it happened: GCSE results day 2016 in south-east London and north Kent
- TRAVEL WARNING: Heavy traffic at Dartford Crossing due to car fire
- 'It makes me feel sick': Grandmother says 'disgusting' Bexleyheath car park is a health hazard
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford