There were delays to trains running through Anerley station yesterday afternoon (July 22) after a man wandered onto the tracks.
The incident happened at around 3pm, when police were called to reports of a man standing on a bridge near the station.
When officers arrived they found him walking on the tracks.
On social media there was speculation the man was trying to kill himself.
The man was taken into police custody and trains were running normally by 5.30pm.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: "BTP officers attended the line close to Anerley station in Bromley following a report of a man standing on a bridge.
"The incident was reported to us at 3.06pm.
"BTP officers attended the scene alongside colleagues from the Metropolitan Police and the London Ambulance Service, and found a man walking on the tracks.
"The man has been taken to hospital for assessment."
- UPDATE: Boyfriend admits killing EastEnders actress Sian Blake and two children in Erith
- Appeal to find owners of sunken treasure found by police divers in Plumstead
- Two men knifed in separate stabbings across Lewisham
- 29 nurses could lose jobs as future of school health service in Bromley under threat
- Meet the elderly woman responsible for those stunning carvings in Barnehurst woods