There were delays to trains running through Anerley station yesterday afternoon (July 22) after a man wandered onto the tracks.
The incident happened at around 3pm, when police were called to reports of a man standing on a bridge near the station.
When officers arrived they found him walking on the tracks.
On social media there was speculation the man was trying to kill himself.
The man was taken into police custody and trains were running normally by 5.30pm.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: "BTP officers attended the line close to Anerley station in Bromley following a report of a man standing on a bridge.
"The incident was reported to us at 3.06pm.
"BTP officers attended the scene alongside colleagues from the Metropolitan Police and the London Ambulance Service, and found a man walking on the tracks.
"The man has been taken to hospital for assessment."
- Girl at centre of Bexleyheath Academy teacher sex trial 'undoubtedly lied'
- ‘National Treasure’ Jim Broadbent and Rafe Spall discuss ‘warm and fuzzy’ Father Christmas in Get Santa
- VIDEO: Shopper chopper shows Petts Wood from above
- Sun reporter from Brockley cleared of misconduct over story payments
- Eltham school create's London's first shipping container gallery