A 42-year-old man was assaulted after his car was involved in a crash with another vehicle in Bexleyheath.
Detectives are now investigating the incident which happened on Sunday (July 20) at 12.40am in Erith Road.
A VW Golf and Skoda Octavia crashed into each other and the passenger in the Skoda then assaulted the driver of the Golf before fleeing the scene.
The 42-year-old man who was driving the Golf was treated at a south London hospital for face and leg injuries.
No one has been arrested but enquiries are continuing.
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors