Sevenoaks and Swanley MP Michael Fallon has spoken to News Shopper about his new appointment as Defence Secretary.
The former Minister of State for Business and Energy replaced Philip Hammond in the role on July 15.
The appointment came as part of a reshuffle which saw former cabinet stalwarts such as Ken Clarke and Michael Gove ousted.
Mr Fallon told News Shopper: "To serve as Defence Secretary is an incredible responsibility and great privilege.
“My job is to make sure our magnificent Armed Forces have the equipment and support they need to keep Britain safe."
Mr Fallon was born in Scotland in 1952 and educated at Epsom College before studying at St Andrews University in Scotland.
He is married with two children and lives in Sundridge, near Sevenoaks.
- Woman hit by bus in outside cinema North Greenwich
- Greenwich 'TubePerve' who filmed over 100 upskirt shots on London Underground spared jail
- Local MPs slam proposals for Southeastern trains to stop calling at several central London stations
- Air ambulance called to motorcycle crash in Dartford
- Keep 'old of your round pound coins - Lewisham pay and display machines can't accept the new ones