Sevenoaks and Swanley MP Michael Fallon has spoken to News Shopper about his new appointment as Defence Secretary.
The former Minister of State for Business and Energy replaced Philip Hammond in the role on July 15.
The appointment came as part of a reshuffle which saw former cabinet stalwarts such as Ken Clarke and Michael Gove ousted.
Mr Fallon told News Shopper: "To serve as Defence Secretary is an incredible responsibility and great privilege.
“My job is to make sure our magnificent Armed Forces have the equipment and support they need to keep Britain safe."
Mr Fallon was born in Scotland in 1952 and educated at Epsom College before studying at St Andrews University in Scotland.
He is married with two children and lives in Sundridge, near Sevenoaks.
- Bar The Beckenham to close its doors
- Cat lovers - help find these two a 'forever home'
- PICTURED: Superbike champ and singer, James Toseland, films video in Belvedere newsagents
- Pratts Bottom crash brings traffic to a halt on A21 Sevenoaks Road
- VIDEO: Free burrito giveaway in Bromley sparks giant queues