Sevenoaks and Swanley MP Michael Fallon has spoken to News Shopper about his new appointment as Defence Secretary.
The former Minister of State for Business and Energy replaced Philip Hammond in the role on July 15.
The appointment came as part of a reshuffle which saw former cabinet stalwarts such as Ken Clarke and Michael Gove ousted.
Mr Fallon told News Shopper: "To serve as Defence Secretary is an incredible responsibility and great privilege.
“My job is to make sure our magnificent Armed Forces have the equipment and support they need to keep Britain safe."
Mr Fallon was born in Scotland in 1952 and educated at Epsom College before studying at St Andrews University in Scotland.
He is married with two children and lives in Sundridge, near Sevenoaks.
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- Former Queen Elizabeth Hospital gynaecologist guilty of series of sex assaults on patients
- Man, 26, arrested over burglary at Gravesend gurdwara
- David Cameron to RESIGN as Britain votes to leave European Union