A 64-year-old man was reportedly bashed with a plastic table leg at a bus stop in Swanley last week.
The victim is believed to have been struck on the leg with the object after he was approached from behind by two men at a bus stop next to the Total petrol station in London Road, between 5.30pm and 6pm on Thursday (July 17).
Afterwards the assailants snatched a bag out of victim’s hand and ran across the road, towards Walnut Way.
The criminals were out of luck as the bag contained only an empty plastic box and was later recovered in the same area.
The victim, who suffered severe bruising to his right thigh, told police the object used in the attack was a 1.5ft long white plastic table leg.
He has described both the offenders as white, aged 20 to 30, having short hair and being of medium build and average height. They were both wearing shorts and jackets.
Call Detective Constable Ben Clatworthy on 01732 379145, quoting reference YY/14313/14.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Fire breaks out in Tesco Express, Welling
- Man rescued from Woolwich flat fire
- Car flips over on the A2 near Darenth
- Biggin Hill mum delivers presents to local children's hospices