A fraudster who slashed more than £5,000 worth of Victoria’s Secret underwear with scissors to collect thousands of pounds in dodgy refunds, must pay compensation for everything she damaged.
Patricia Phillips, 52, was caught at Bluewater Shopping Centre in April at the end of a three month spree during which she scammed four different branches of the famous lingerie chain.
Staff were then unable to offer her a straight swap when she fraudulently presented the display items for a refund.
Having admitted four counts of criminal damage to property and four of fraud by false representation at the different stores, Phillips was sentenced at Dartford Magistrates’ today.
She was ordered to pay £5,436.50 compensation for the damaged stock, costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £60.
Phillips must also carry out an 18-month community order, including a requirement to attend a thinking skills course.
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- False funding claim revealed in New Bermondsey sports development
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?