Detectives investigating the murder of Afyon Saint-Hilaire in Downham have arrested a sixth man.
Mr Saint-Hilaire was found having crashed a car in Coniston Road on Sunday (July 13) following reports of a fight outside McDonaldﾒs in Old Bromley Road.
He later died at the scene. A post-mortem gave his cause of death as shock, haemorrhage and a stab wound to the leg.
A 19-year-old man was arrested at an address in Thornton Heath yesterday (July 18 )at around 8pm. He is currently in custody at a south London police station.
Vishal Deowram, 18, of Wharfedale Gardens, Thornton Heath, was arrested and charged with murder on July 16.
Three other men have also been charged with the killing. They are: Marcus El-Alfy, 18, of Vincent Close, Bromley, Lance Slowley, 23, of Broughton Road, Thornton Heath, and Jordache Smith-Challis, 19, of Bentons Rise, West Norwood.
All four men are also charged with conspiracy to rob and were remanded in custody following their appearance before Bromley Magistrates’ Court on July 16.
A fifth man, Mickyle Bromfield, 23, of no fixed abode, appeared at Bromley Magistrates' Court on July 15 charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He was remanded in custody to appear at Croydon Crown Court on July 29.
The murder is not being treated as gang-related. Lewisham's Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
- UPDATE: Murder in Thamesmead - 11 arrests after fatal shooting
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash