MP for Orpington Jo Johnson has been promoted by the Prime Minister in this week’s political reshuffle.
Mr Johnson was promoted to Minister of State in the Cabinet Office, while retaining his existing role as Head of the Downing Street Policy Unit.
He said: "I am delighted to be Orpington's eyes and ears in No10 and to be able to work with David Cameron to help shape the policies that will meet our nation’s long-term challenges."
It comes as the the PM David Cameron looks to rework his team in the lead up to next year’s General Election.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths