MP for Orpington Jo Johnson has been promoted by the Prime Minister in this week’s political reshuffle.
Mr Johnson was promoted to Minister of State in the Cabinet Office, while retaining his existing role as Head of the Downing Street Policy Unit.
He said: "I am delighted to be Orpington's eyes and ears in No10 and to be able to work with David Cameron to help shape the policies that will meet our nation’s long-term challenges."
It comes as the the PM David Cameron looks to rework his team in the lead up to next year’s General Election.
- PICTURED: Duchess of Cambridge dazzles Deptford and Sydenham in pink
- Man charged with rape after two reported attacks on women
- UPDATE: Man charged 37 times after Met Police make dozens of arrests in dawn raids
- What's on this weekend: 13 great shows, gigs and family events in south east London and north Kent (March 28 and 29)
- Overwhelming support for Lewisham Bakerloo Line plan - less so for Bromley extension