Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Cheese Crawl in Crystal Palace attracts 150 cheese fans
A pub crawl with a dairy twist took over Crystal Palace at the weekend.
More than 150 people from across south London – and even a few north Londoners - turned up to the Cheese Crawl, organised by Good Taste Food and Drink, on Saturday (July 12).
Seven pubs - The Paxton, Beer Rebellion, The Sparrowhawk, Westow House, The Grape and Grain, The White Hart and The Alma – hosted revellers throughout the afternoon with free samples of cheese for crawlers who bought a drink.
Everyone who completed the course got a 10 per cent discount card to use at the shop for 12 months.
Good Taste’s owner Manish Utton-Mishra said: “We were really chuffed with the turnout and the enthusiasm of everyone on the CheeseCrawl.
"I hope it's won us more friends - we had tremendous feedback on the cheeses we provided and we were overwhelmed with the response on Twitter."
Here’s what some of the Cheese Crawl’s fans were saying on the social network:
— White Hart SE19 (@WhiteHartSE19) July 12, 2014
- Tried and tested: Sidcup Place Brewers Fayre expands to takeaway service
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- Saturday Kitchen's Susy Atkins talks summer food and wine at Chapters, Blackheath
- PICTURED: Refurbished grand Greenwich pub The Mitre reopens
- Pink Lady apple buttermilk oat blinis with spiced Pink Lady apple Agave syrup