A band of travellers has moved into an Orpington gym car park.
The group reportedly turned up at the branch of LA Fitness, in Sandy Lane, yesterday (Monday July 14) afternoon.
There are around half a dozen caravans on the site, which is privately owned by a third party.
Jean Keal, 70, has been a member of LA Fitness for 14 years and said she is "horrified" by the situation.
She told News Shopper: "I followed a police car into the car park and saw the caravans. I was really shocked.
"I'm horrified - just the thought of them being in there. What will they do?
"They're taking up space in the car park. I don't know what state they'll leave it in.
"I'm not happy about it at all - I think people will stay away. Nobody will feel their cars are safe."
Another female gym member, who asked not to be named, told News Shopper: "I'm disgusted really.
"But I've seen it around here before - it's common in this area."
The deputy manager at LA Fitness declined to comment, but confirmed legal action is being undertaken.
Police, the landowner, the council, and the gym group are in discussions.
LA Fitness said: "We are working closely with the local police and council on this matter and obviously our priorities are with our staff and to ensure that our customers are not affected while this matter is being sorted with the landlord and the relevant authorities."
Bromley police said: "Police were made aware at around 12.54 on Monday July 14 that around 15 vehicles had set up in the grounds of the LA Fitness Centre in Sandy Lane.
"Officers have attended the site and are working with the council and landowners to resolve the matter."
Are you a member of LA Fitness, or a local resident? Get in touch with our newsroom on 01689 885725
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine