A closing party was held at Anerley Library to mark its historic end.
Residents and staff commemorated the closure on Friday July 11 with a party, exhibition of old photos, and plenty of tea and cake.
The current Penge and Anerley Libraries will both be closing on Saturday August 9 to make way for a new facility.
Building work on the venture in Green Lane is now well under way, according to Bromley Council, with an opening on Tuesday August 26 expected.
The council says the building will provide updated facilities, community space, additional computers, and a wider selection of books.
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Father, son and daughter sentenced after Dartford-bound train attack in front of terrified passengers
- What's on this weekend (August 30 and 31)
- Critically acclaimed movie shot in Charlton set for high definition re-release
- Crash causes chaos at the Dartford Crossing