A closing party was held at Anerley Library to mark its historic end.
Residents and staff commemorated the closure on Friday July 11 with a party, exhibition of old photos, and plenty of tea and cake.
The current Penge and Anerley Libraries will both be closing on Saturday August 9 to make way for a new facility.
Building work on the venture in Green Lane is now well under way, according to Bromley Council, with an opening on Tuesday August 26 expected.
The council says the building will provide updated facilities, community space, additional computers, and a wider selection of books.
- UPDATE: Man arrested after suspected drugs incident in Lowfield Street, Dartford
- Shopper finds 'Free Palestine' note on Deptford cash machine fiver
- 7 things to see at upcoming Greenwich Tall Ships Festival
- PICTURED: Another car ends up on its roof - this time in Dartford
- PICTURED: Donkeys race for good causes in Danson Park, Bexleyheath