A closing party was held at Anerley Library to mark its historic end.
Residents and staff commemorated the closure on Friday July 11 with a party, exhibition of old photos, and plenty of tea and cake.
The current Penge and Anerley Libraries will both be closing on Saturday August 9 to make way for a new facility.
Building work on the venture in Green Lane is now well under way, according to Bromley Council, with an opening on Tuesday August 26 expected.
The council says the building will provide updated facilities, community space, additional computers, and a wider selection of books.
- STRIKES: Southern rail, Waterloo & City and Central line facing disruption this week
- Travel chaos as fire, signalling problems and broken down train cause delays at Petts Wood
- FA Cup quarter-final draw: Imps draw Sutton or Arsenal
- The best Kodi add-ons you CAN use without breaking copyright laws
- 'Deaths could have been avoided': London Fire Brigade urges Londoners to check smoke alarms