A closing party was held at Anerley Library to mark its historic end.
Residents and staff commemorated the closure on Friday July 11 with a party, exhibition of old photos, and plenty of tea and cake.
The current Penge and Anerley Libraries will both be closing on Saturday August 9 to make way for a new facility.
Building work on the venture in Green Lane is now well under way, according to Bromley Council, with an opening on Tuesday August 26 expected.
The council says the building will provide updated facilities, community space, additional computers, and a wider selection of books.
- 12 policies cats and dogs want to see in the 2015 general election
- Manager of New Cross sex cinema: 'What's wrong with people enjoying themselves?'
- Weekend London Tube strike: What you need to know
- New pay-and-display parking rules allow 10 minutes' grace
- Family of missing Edmonton teen who has links to Lewisham desperate to hear from her