A closing party was held at Anerley Library to mark its historic end.
Residents and staff commemorated the closure on Friday July 11 with a party, exhibition of old photos, and plenty of tea and cake.
The current Penge and Anerley Libraries will both be closing on Saturday August 9 to make way for a new facility.
Building work on the venture in Green Lane is now well under way, according to Bromley Council, with an opening on Tuesday August 26 expected.
The council says the building will provide updated facilities, community space, additional computers, and a wider selection of books.
- UPDATE: Pensioner who died 'whilst having a fag' outside Lewisham Wetherspoons named locally
- UPDATE: Firefighters battling fire at Crayford paper processing building
- Former QEH and Blackheath gynaecologist jailed for sexually assaulting patients
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast
- TRAVEL WARNING: Road flooded in West Wickham