Orpington MP Jo Johnson's Twitter account has been hacked, leading to spam messages being sent to hundreds of Twitter users.
The messages, sent with links, have included: "rofl u gotta read this, its awesome", "lmao you got to see this, its epic" and "omfg this tweet by you is crazy".
They have been posted at fellow MPs, councillors, media outlets, Orpington residents, even News Shopper's news editor.
The flood of excitable statements and questions began last night, but the situation has since been resolved.
A number of people have commented on the incident, with Matthew Jupp saying: "Poor Jo Johnson... He's either been hacked or has decided his future lies in selling weight loss products."
Mark Stockwell said: "Someone desperately needs to tell Jo Johnson his account's been hacked. It's been spewing out spam for hours."
Dick Mandrake added: "Bad Monday for the intern that runs Jo Johnson MP's Twitter account, which became compromised from at least 11 hours ago.
A spokesman for Jo Johnson said: "Everything's been resolved. We were notified by a couple of people this morning, we quickly logged on, we changed the password and that was it."
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire