Orpington MP Jo Johnson's Twitter account has been hacked, leading to spam messages being sent to hundreds of Twitter users.
The messages, sent with links, have included: "rofl u gotta read this, its awesome", "lmao you got to see this, its epic" and "omfg this tweet by you is crazy".
They have been posted at fellow MPs, councillors, media outlets, Orpington residents, even News Shopper's news editor.
The flood of excitable statements and questions began last night, but the situation has since been resolved.
A number of people have commented on the incident, with Matthew Jupp saying: "Poor Jo Johnson... He's either been hacked or has decided his future lies in selling weight loss products."
Mark Stockwell said: "Someone desperately needs to tell Jo Johnson his account's been hacked. It's been spewing out spam for hours."
Dick Mandrake added: "Bad Monday for the intern that runs Jo Johnson MP's Twitter account, which became compromised from at least 11 hours ago.
A spokesman for Jo Johnson said: "Everything's been resolved. We were notified by a couple of people this morning, we quickly logged on, we changed the password and that was it."
- Bluewater braced for influx of male shoppers on 'Panic Saturday'
- Divers continue to search River Medway in hunt for Greenhithe's missing Patrick Lamb
- 'I want to be caught': Woman threatens to steal from Tesco to highlight Christmas plight
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by car in New Cross