Greenhithe Community Centre celebrated its refurbishment with a special relaunch event.
The centre in Alexander Road now has a new overflow car park, toilets, doubled glazed windows and doors, a kitchen and low energy lighting.
Part of the funding came from Dartford Council and Kent County Council while the LED lighting was donated by Dartford-based company 8point3LED.
The centre has been running since 1993 with regular users including the Jumping Beans Pre School, Greenhithe Canberra Sea Scouts, Tang Sou Dao, Weight Watchers, the Woman’s Institute and a short mat bowls club.
At the event on July 12 husband and wife chairman and secretary team Eddie and Angie Ward were presented with Dartfordian Awards for their outstanding contribution to the community by council leader Councillor Jeremy Kite.
Mrs Ward, 55, said: "Both Eddie and I were surprised and honoured to be presented with our Dartfordians.
“We are just part of a team that helps our users make the Greenhithe Community Centre so successful.”
- Headteacher 'sacked for bringing sex offender Stuart Kerner to school'
- 'You are going to do something you regret': Girlfriend's words to boyfriend before he 'ordered revenge attack' on Ben Fasina
- 5 Thoughts for the weekend, from a man's perspective
- Investigation launched after woman dragged under West Wickham train leaving her with 'life changing' injuries
- Motorcyclist 'thrown 15 metres into the air' in St Mary Cray crash