Dartford's Chinese language school is celebrating its best ever result in a national Mandarin recitation competition.
Dartford Chinese School was one of seven out of 30 schools commended at the All British Chinese Recitation Competition held at University College London on June 29.
Students had to recite passages in Mandarin from literature or plays before a panel of judges.
Six of Dartford's 12 participating students were also individually commended for their performances.
The school is based at Dartford Grammar School's Mike Jagger Centre and this is only the second time it has entered.
Dartford Mayor Councillor Avtar Sandhu attended a celebratory meal for the school at the Mandarin Palace Restaurant in the High Street on July 5.
Volunteer Alvin Chan said: "We have only been established for two years so to get this type of result is staggering because we beat schools which have been in existence for 15 years or more.
"We are all ecstatic to come up with this incredible result."
- Happy birthday to us! 50 fabulous years of News Shopper
- Boost from Jack Petchey nomination sees Erith teenager start competitive Irish dancing
- UPDATE: 32-year-old Plumstead man killed in M20 crash near Wrotham
- VIDEO: Some West Wickham residents REALLY don't want a KFC drive-thru
- Boccia glory for Bexley youngsters at London Youth Games