Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Sidcup care home residents are inspiration for youth theatre play
A Sidcup-based youth theatre company has been taking inspiration for its latest production from the residents of a local care home.
Intrepid Ensemble’s comedy Grandmother's Footsteps follows a group of adventurous pensioners as they plan an elaborate break for freedom.
The cast of under 18-year-olds decided to enlist residents at Frognal House retirement home as ‘creative consultants’ for the show.
The youngsters made visits to the home in Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, and residents were invited to rehearsals at Rose Bruford College, where they took part in drama games and exercises.
Cast member Joseph Warrilow, 17, said: "The residents are so full of vitality and are such big characters.
"After our meetings with them we knew we had to show the older generation in a different light to how they are usually portrayed."
Grandmother's Footsteps premiers at the International Youth Arts Festival in Kingston, which runs from July 17 to 22.
- Overturned vehicle causing delays along Bromley Road
- Will Gala Bingo in Spital Street, Dartford, be turned into a church?
- Dartford stations win top safety awards
- Traditional telling of Puccini's Madama Butterfly in Dartford
- Bromley Green Party member calls for council to back London environmental plan
Comments are closed on this article.