Adorable puppy Eddie has helped his owner through some tough times – making him a very worthy Pet of the Day.
Eddie is a five-month-old miniature schnauzer and bichon frise cross.
He was nominated by Aprille Green from Lewisham, who said: “I lost my mum last year and was having a hard time adjusting to life without her. I thought long and hard about getting a puppy as they are a commitment but getting little Eddie has helped improve my wellbeing tenfold.”
Eddie likes waking Aprille up at 5am and dislikes hosepipes.
- UPDATE: Snoopy the horse has been rescued
- Two 30st pigs dumped at Knockolt animal sanctuary in aftermath of 'micro-pig' trend
- Pet of the Day: You’ll find Louie at the bar
- UPDATE: Blue Travelodge fox at 'definite risk'
- Let Meowt! Forest Hill cat found trapped in telephone box five miles away