Adorable puppy Eddie has helped his owner through some tough times – making him a very worthy Pet of the Day.
Eddie is a five-month-old miniature schnauzer and bichon frise cross.
He was nominated by Aprille Green from Lewisham, who said: “I lost my mum last year and was having a hard time adjusting to life without her. I thought long and hard about getting a puppy as they are a commitment but getting little Eddie has helped improve my wellbeing tenfold.”
Eddie likes waking Aprille up at 5am and dislikes hosepipes.
- Cute Pets 2014 competition begins - chance to win £300 Pets At Home vouchers
- Pet of the day: Poppy’s got bags of life
- Pet of the Day: Stevie the Staffie, the guest who stayed to become a best friend
- Stat Chat: Most people say their pet is equally or more important than family
- Pet of the Day: Maisie is one sleeping dog you should let lie