Adorable puppy Eddie has helped his owner through some tough times – making him a very worthy Pet of the Day.
Eddie is a five-month-old miniature schnauzer and bichon frise cross.
He was nominated by Aprille Green from Lewisham, who said: “I lost my mum last year and was having a hard time adjusting to life without her. I thought long and hard about getting a puppy as they are a commitment but getting little Eddie has helped improve my wellbeing tenfold.”
Eddie likes waking Aprille up at 5am and dislikes hosepipes.
- PET OF THE WEEK: Dexie's a cool cockapoo
- Pet owners warned to watch out for poisonous plants in Chelsea Flower Show week
- Pet of the Week: Bootsie (and her mouse)
- Pet of the Week: Freddie Krueger has a soft side
- **WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE** Deadly disease threatens healthy dogs across London and Kent