A Cobham girl’s school celebrated its end of year prize giving with a visit from a famous journalist and former pupil.
Cobham Hall welcomed the BBC’s Mishal Husein who addressed around 400 students, staff, parents and friends of the independent boarding school.
Now a presenter on Radio Four’s Today programme, Ms Husein advised students to have a five year plan for their careers.
She stressed the value of financial independence, encouraged girls to take advantage of the information age and to read around their passions.
Finally she advised them to be mindful of how they presented themselves both in person and in the digital world, encouraging the use of social media to create career opportunities.
At the event on June 28 Ms Husein said: "This school moulded me in more ways than I can ever express and I owe it an immense debt of gratitude.
"To all the teachers who developed my mind here and exposed me to great ideas, thank you, from the bottom of my heart."
- Broken down vehicle causes long Blackwall Tunnel queues
- FILM REVIEW: Tomorrowland - A World Beyond
- VIDEO: Thousands watch Townley Grammar School leavers in hilarious Taylor Swift Shake It Off video
- Half term weather - glorious sunshine but showers to follow
- 'Sort it out' - O2 customers lose signal across London and Kent