Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Stat Chat: Top 10 words people look up most in the dictionary
- Pet of the Day Saffi will bring a tear to your eyes
- Can you beat the Austria quiz? Grab a cab for chance to win holiday
- Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Stars of Second World War themed Lotty's War visit Dartford Museum