Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in Dartford crash named locally as dad from Eltham
- Driver who killed child actor and aunt in Penge car crash acknowledges 'pain and suffering' caused
- Residents attack council's proposals to build 4,500 homes in Swanley and Hextable
- This brainteaser will test your bargain-hunting skills: Can you spot the biggest saving?
- New Eltham charity match for disabled 5-year-old whose dad passed away after battle with cancer