Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Join the real Charlton pub campaign
- ‘It was absolutely manic’: Patient describes A&E chaos at Farnborough hospital
- School strike action looms as Lewisham Council proceeds with Sedgehill academy plan
- Emaciated pet rabbit dumped and left to die in Swanley alleyway
- Secret shopper, Einstein or digital magpie - what kind of Christmas Shopper are you?