Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Father, son and daughter sentenced after Dartford-bound train attack in front of terrified passengers
- What's on this weekend (August 30 and 31)
- Critically acclaimed movie shot in Charlton set for high definition re-release
- Crash causes chaos at the Dartford Crossing
- Bexley mayor joins in fun at the stables