Bromley sees biggest rental price rise in London - Greenwich and Bexley not far behind (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley sees biggest rise in rent prices in London - Greenwich and Bexley not far behind
Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- PICTURED: Bexleyheath's Miss Universe finalist models lingerie live at Bluewater
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Popular Greenwich market wins award
- Old people's charity being 'thrown out' of Swanley base by council