Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Fire at electrical sub station in Sidcup
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Police on 'high alert' for post-Brexit racism and hate crime
- Man taken to hospital after being hit by car in Plumstead
- WEATHER: Sunny spells followed by more heavy rain in SE London and north Kent