Bromley has seen the biggest rise in rental prices in the whole of London over the last year, according to a home listings website.
A business publication has reported an increase of nearly seven per cent across the capital, and the leafy commuter borough tops the pile.
Bromley’s rooms are said to have gone up by 20 per cent in the past 12 months and it appears a common thread through south east London, with nearby Bexley and Greenwich seeing rent prices rise 17 per cent and 14 per cent respectively.
Rental site Kangaroom came up with the figures – based on prices from the likes of Gumtree, Roomster, and MoveFlat.
The south east contrasts with west London however, where prices have either remained the same, or even dropped as is the case in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield
- WATCH: The moment a man takes a 12-year-old’s £300 bike at McDonald’s
- 15-year-old boy arrested in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- Forest Hill restaurant has sparks fury with a tasteless comment saying cats 'taste great with Pinot Grigio'
- This man is pushing his body to the limit for a heartbreaking reason