One of Lewisham’s most wanted burglars - who was caught weeks after appearing in News Shopper – is now behind bars.
Ricky Shelton, of Hill Crest Close, Sydenham, has been jailed for two years after admitting burgling a property near Wimbledon.
The 51-year-old featured in News Shopper’s Wanted Wednesday series for criminals on-the-run from police.
He was caught after officers arrested him for an unrelated offence in Hammersmith on March 13 and a background search revealed he was a wanted man.
Shelton was sentenced at Kingston Upon Thames Crown Court on June 30 to two years in prison for one count of burglary. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £120.
He pleaded guilty to the offence on June 23.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine