One of Lewisham’s most wanted burglars - who was caught weeks after appearing in News Shopper – is now behind bars.
Ricky Shelton, of Hill Crest Close, Sydenham, has been jailed for two years after admitting burgling a property near Wimbledon.
The 51-year-old featured in News Shopper’s Wanted Wednesday series for criminals on-the-run from police.
He was caught after officers arrested him for an unrelated offence in Hammersmith on March 13 and a background search revealed he was a wanted man.
Shelton was sentenced at Kingston Upon Thames Crown Court on June 30 to two years in prison for one count of burglary. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £120.
He pleaded guilty to the offence on June 23.
- Masked man smashes car window and stabs teenage driver during late-night attack in Kidbrooke
- PICTURED: Westminster terrorist was born in Dartford
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Desperate fundraising appeal after little girl's headaches due to 'too much chocolate' turn out to be inoperable brain tumour
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital