One of Lewisham’s most wanted burglars - who was caught weeks after appearing in News Shopper – is now behind bars.
Ricky Shelton, of Hill Crest Close, Sydenham, has been jailed for two years after admitting burgling a property near Wimbledon.
The 51-year-old featured in News Shopper’s Wanted Wednesday series for criminals on-the-run from police.
He was caught after officers arrested him for an unrelated offence in Hammersmith on March 13 and a background search revealed he was a wanted man.
Shelton was sentenced at Kingston Upon Thames Crown Court on June 30 to two years in prison for one count of burglary. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £120.
He pleaded guilty to the offence on June 23.
- New Cross lorry crash: Police appeal for information following fatal collision
- M25 killer Kenneth Noye wins High Court open prison appeal
- Dartford Crossing faces overnight closures again next week
- Former Stephen Lawrence murder suspect from Eltham jailed over drugs plot
- King's Troop soldier taken to hospital with serious injuries after being 'thrown off her horse' in Charlton Park