One of Lewisham’s most wanted burglars - who was caught weeks after appearing in News Shopper – is now behind bars.
Ricky Shelton, of Hill Crest Close, Sydenham, has been jailed for two years after admitting burgling a property near Wimbledon.
The 51-year-old featured in News Shopper’s Wanted Wednesday series for criminals on-the-run from police.
He was caught after officers arrested him for an unrelated offence in Hammersmith on March 13 and a background search revealed he was a wanted man.
Shelton was sentenced at Kingston Upon Thames Crown Court on June 30 to two years in prison for one count of burglary. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £120.
He pleaded guilty to the offence on June 23.
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (October 25 and 26)
- Police appeal after man takes double decker bus from Orpington bus depot and drives it to Shirley
- Queues at re-opened Dartford Tunnel following five-vehicle M25 crash