Budding Olympians in Dartford will soon be able to take part in a free timed distance run every week.
The council has teamed up with parkrun which organises similar events around the world.
Dartford’s version will first take place on July 26 at 9am and will run at the same time every Saturday from then on.
Runners of all abilities are encouraged to get down to Central Park and test themselves, with children aged four to 11 requiring an adult to run with.
Council leader Jeremy Kite said: “I’m proud that we’ve been able to help parkrun set up here in Central Park.
“There are a lot of keen runners in the borough who I’m sure will benefit from this new free weekly event."
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash