Budding Olympians in Dartford will soon be able to take part in a free timed distance run every week.
The council has teamed up with parkrun which organises similar events around the world.
Dartford’s version will first take place on July 26 at 9am and will run at the same time every Saturday from then on.
Runners of all abilities are encouraged to get down to Central Park and test themselves, with children aged four to 11 requiring an adult to run with.
Council leader Jeremy Kite said: “I’m proud that we’ve been able to help parkrun set up here in Central Park.
“There are a lot of keen runners in the borough who I’m sure will benefit from this new free weekly event."
- Eight men charged with drug offences after raids in Thamesmead
- UPDATED TRAFFIC WARNING: 10-mile queues on Dartford Crossing after crash and Tunnel break-down
- VIDEO: ‘It made our conservatory shake’ – fire breaks out after ‘explosions’ in Gravesend
- Man died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital after staff failed to treat him properly
- Bell End and Brown Willy named UK's rudest place names - but does anywhere here make the top 10?