Budding Olympians in Dartford will soon be able to take part in a free timed distance run every week.
The council has teamed up with parkrun which organises similar events around the world.
Dartford’s version will first take place on July 26 at 9am and will run at the same time every Saturday from then on.
Runners of all abilities are encouraged to get down to Central Park and test themselves, with children aged four to 11 requiring an adult to run with.
Council leader Jeremy Kite said: “I’m proud that we’ve been able to help parkrun set up here in Central Park.
“There are a lot of keen runners in the borough who I’m sure will benefit from this new free weekly event."
- Torrential rain to hit London over Easter
- Rail passengers 'strongly recommended' not to travel between Good Friday and Easter Monday
- Memorial marking 'ultimate sacrifice' of Lee Rigby unveiled in home town
- Sydenham woman arrested for dangerous driving after moped rider left seriously injured
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead