Budding Olympians in Dartford will soon be able to take part in a free timed distance run every week.
The council has teamed up with parkrun which organises similar events around the world.
Dartford’s version will first take place on July 26 at 9am and will run at the same time every Saturday from then on.
Runners of all abilities are encouraged to get down to Central Park and test themselves, with children aged four to 11 requiring an adult to run with.
Council leader Jeremy Kite said: “I’m proud that we’ve been able to help parkrun set up here in Central Park.
“There are a lot of keen runners in the borough who I’m sure will benefit from this new free weekly event."
- Naked bald man seen 'aggressively masturbating' and 'grunting' in Grove Park
- Deptford Boxing Day burglar jailed
- Do you know this woman? Police are tracing her after pick-pocketing on 78-year-old woman
- Road to Parliament blog: Interesting, honest and polite - hustings are a far cry from TV debates
- Large cannabis factory dismantled by police in Lewisham