Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Dartford to take part in parkrun craze
Budding Olympians in Dartford will soon be able to take part in a free timed distance run every week.
The council has teamed up with parkrun which organises similar events around the world.
Dartford’s version will first take place on July 26 at 9am and will run at the same time every Saturday from then on.
Runners of all abilities are encouraged to get down to Central Park and test themselves, with children aged four to 11 requiring an adult to run with.
Council leader Jeremy Kite said: “I’m proud that we’ve been able to help parkrun set up here in Central Park.
“There are a lot of keen runners in the borough who I’m sure will benefit from this new free weekly event."
- Greenwich Council sign says 'No dumping' but what if someone needs to go?
- Bromley couple convicted of benefit fraud after running undeclared business on eBay
- WIN! Tickets to Denise Van Outen's one-woman show in the West End
- MP Teresa Pearce's 'heart goes out to family of boy killed on Thamesmead road'
- Bromley a cappella group to host candlelit vigil to mark First World War centenary