Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Hope Community School in Sidcup enjoys first summer fun day
A new Sidcup free school has enjoyed its first summer fun day.
Hope Community School in Rectory Lane welcomed around 200 people for the fundraiser, including parents of pupils set to start in reception in September.
The school will then have two classes, including last September’s starters, with the plan to fill it all the way up to year six by 2019.
Friends of the school enjoyed face painting, clay making, a raffle, tombola, live music, a bouncy castle and a cake stand on July 5.
Pupils also put on a puppet show, a dance competition and had to guess the number of balloons in a car.
Community partnership officer Mary Rouse said: "It was a brilliant day.
"I would like to thank our sponsors BMW and MP James Brokenshire for coming along and all those in the local community who supported us."
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham