A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended
- Sunny day in store for south-east London and north Kent
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead