A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Man dies in house fire in Orpington
- Greenwich man charged with rape of girl in Thamesmead
- Woman's life work at risk due to damning Ofsted report
- Fourth man charged over murder of Ben Fasina in Thamesmead
- 20-year-old Gravesend man guilty of raping and assaulting a young boy