A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Woman dies in Orpington house fire
- Fleet to race from Greenwich to Quebec this Easter in tall ships regatta
- Sadiq Khan will not intervene in Lewisham Council compulsory purchase order dispute with Millwall
- 'Do anything because we have no cameras' - Penge biker thief evades identification as nearby CCTV camera was broken
- 'Neglected' garden transformed by Penge volunteers wins award for innovation