A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Meet the Bexley teacher who has been crowned the best in Kent
- Here's how to get a free ride on the Tube next week
- This poor cat has been left unable to move after she was savaged by a 'dog'
- Dartford driver caught in ‘pandemonium’ and delays at Gatwick Airport after passengers forced to fly without luggage
- Man charged with 2015 Thamesmead murder