A 62-year-old woman was found in bushes with self-inflicted neck injuries from two airguns in Sidcup on Monday morning.
Police and London Ambulance Service were called to the recreation ground in Longlands Road at 7.55am.
Upon arrival officers found the woman lying in the bushes with the air guns pointing at her neck.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers talked the woman into handing the weapons over to them and detained her under the Mental Health Act.
"She was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to her injuries."
The woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
- Dartford woman goes for Miss Speedfest crown
- VIDEO: Sydenham apprentice helps to build gold-medal garden at Chelsea Flower Show
- Figures show Bromley councillors missing more than a quarter of meetings
- UPDATE: Girl found 'safe and well' after 11 days missing with 51-year-old man
- Dartford actress Louisa Faye picks up film role opposite the Incredible Hulk