Bexley and Lewisham Royal Marines Cadets celebrated Armed Forces Day with a special open day in Bexleyheath.
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett was a guest of honour at the event on June 28 at the cadets’ hall in Trinity Place.
He was given a tour of the event by Sergeant Tony Brady, spoke with cadets and volunteers and enjoyed displays of cooking, field craft, first aid and kit.
Mr Evennett said: “On Armed Forces Day it was really good to meet Lieutenant Commander David Lewis and his team as well as being able to learn from the cadets about their training and plans for the future.
“Organisations such as this offer real opportunities for young people in terms of skills, discipline and teamwork.
“I hope that more get involved and join their local cadet branch.”
LC Lewis added: “The support of Mr Evennett for the young people of the Bexley Sea Cadets is greatly appreciated.”
- Woman dies in Orpington house fire
- Teenager and woman arrested after man stabbed in Erith
- Dangerous Eltham driver on his phone crashes into 3 vehicles while trying to escape from the police
- Parents launch last-ditch attempt to save 2-year-old daughter after latest supposed victory against cancer fails
- Pensioner jailed for sexual abuse at Anerley children's home