Bexley and Lewisham Royal Marines Cadets celebrated Armed Forces Day with a special open day in Bexleyheath.
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett was a guest of honour at the event on June 28 at the cadets’ hall in Trinity Place.
He was given a tour of the event by Sergeant Tony Brady, spoke with cadets and volunteers and enjoyed displays of cooking, field craft, first aid and kit.
Mr Evennett said: “On Armed Forces Day it was really good to meet Lieutenant Commander David Lewis and his team as well as being able to learn from the cadets about their training and plans for the future.
“Organisations such as this offer real opportunities for young people in terms of skills, discipline and teamwork.
“I hope that more get involved and join their local cadet branch.”
LC Lewis added: “The support of Mr Evennett for the young people of the Bexley Sea Cadets is greatly appreciated.”
- Woman arrested over alleged attempted abduction at Gravesend school
- Family-run Orpington furniture store to feature on Peter Andre's 60 Minute Makeover
- VIDEO: Cute 4-year-old girl fluffs nursery rhyme adorably - then gets it right for us
- Teenage boy fixated with TV serial killer Dexter jailed for murder of West Wickham girl
- POLL: Is Deptford wall experiment art or vandalism?