Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Woman hit by bus in outside cinema North Greenwich
- Sweet justice: Erith drug dealer who hid cocaine in a tub of sweets jailed
- Fundraiser for murdered former Bromley police officer Keith Palmer raises over £700,000
- POLL: Ahead of Article 50 triggering Brexit, how would you vote if EU referendum was held NOW?
- Wife of Westminster attacker speaks out: 'I am saddened and shocked by what Khalid has done'