Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Confidential Lewisham Hospital records found dumped next to skip
- 'Grumpy tree' sapping life out of Blackheath Park
- Meet Darent Valley's 'royal babies': Five little ones share a birthday with Princess Charlotte
- Gravesham voters sent letters by president of Gurdwara reminding them to 'vote for whichever party they choose'
- VIDEO: Watch veteran get presented with lost medals at VE day celebration in Biggin Hill