Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Listen up, audio boffins think they've got the perfect way to put you in a good mood on train journeys