Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say
- Road in Greenwich named in London's top 20 pollution hotspots