Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash
- Donors raise £5,500 in TWO DAYS to help Belvedere mum, 28, with cancer make last memories with daughters