Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Athletes fighting to stop 'hammer blow' plan to redevelop Crystal Palace national sports centre
- Custody for 'bedroom jihadist' who groomed youth with learning difficulties to carry out Lee Rigby copycat killing
- West Wickham buzzing after wasp invasion
- What's on this weekend: days out and shows in south east London and north Kent on May 30 and 31
- Chislehurst mum and son ordered to repay £2.8m mortgage fraud or face more jail time