Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- VIDEO: Joyrider on run from police hits Blackfen house 'like a bomb'
- David Evenett MP opens new charity headquarters in Crayford
- Stoptober events kick off in Bexley to help smokers quit
- Bromley woman who lost her son to cancer nominated for UK's inspiring women awards
- Dartford school pupils take leading role in new store opening