Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- Six south-east London stations to have NO London Bridge trains until 2018
- UPDATED TRAFFIC WARNING: Drivers STILL queuing on approach to Dartford Crossing 10 hours after crash
- Woman suffers head injury after being hit by car in Orpington
- TfL seek damages after Blackwall Tunnel diesel spill
- Eight men charged with drug offences after raids in Thamesmead