Construction work has begun on Bromley College’s new hospitality department in Orpington.
Three floors of the campus building are being transformed into a catering and training facility, which will include kitchens, classrooms, and a student restaurant.
Named The Hospitality Food and Enterprise College, it will open its doors this September and will offer 14-19 year-olds the opportunity to train in the industry while studying for core GCSEs.
Principal Sam Parrett said: “Today marks another important day in the history of Bromley College as we embark upon this exciting construction project.
“The new student-run restaurant will be offering a taste of international cuisine to the public and we are looking forward to welcoming the community and showing them what our students have to offer.”
More information can be found here. The college is now accepting applications.
- COMMENT: Don't say your mum is 'best in the world' - and keep your Mother's Day tributes off social media
- Desperate fundraising appeal after little girl's headaches due to 'too much chocolate' turn out to be inoperable brain tumour
- 'True hero': Family, colleagues and Charlton fans mourn Addicks supporter and former Bromley PC killed in terror attack
- Family of PC Keith Palmer killed in Westminster terror attack pay tribute to 'wonderful dad and husband'
- Khalid Masood named as London terror attacker