An MP was “fascinated” when he joined a postman on his delivery round through Eltham last Friday (July 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford shadowed postie Matt Russell to see the challenges of delivering mail six days a week to every house and business in Eltham.
He said: “It is fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes to deliver the mail on a daily basis.
“Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community.”
Royal Mail delivery manager Grant Smith, who briefed Mr Efford before he set off on his walk, added: “We’re delighted that Clive Efford MP has taken the time to experience the everyday challenges faced by our delivery postmen and women.”
- Lee Rigby Angels of Woolwich 'should be honoured'
- Deptford community project calls for help as developers try to 'ensure it quietly dies'
- Christmas magic lights up Greenwich, Eltham and Catford
- Huge manhunt for builder with south-east London links after double murder
- Find out which ward in Bromley has the highest 'hazardous drinkers'