An MP was “fascinated” when he joined a postman on his delivery round through Eltham last Friday (July 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford shadowed postie Matt Russell to see the challenges of delivering mail six days a week to every house and business in Eltham.
He said: “It is fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes to deliver the mail on a daily basis.
“Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community.”
Royal Mail delivery manager Grant Smith, who briefed Mr Efford before he set off on his walk, added: “We’re delighted that Clive Efford MP has taken the time to experience the everyday challenges faced by our delivery postmen and women.”
- One person rushed to hospital after serious crash in St Mary Cray
- UPDATE: Two arrests after 15-year-old girl gang-raped in Bromley park
- JAILED: Lidl cashier who let customers through without paying for everything
- Traffic through New Cross after gas leak sparks emergency repairs
- 'Bigoted and xenophobic': Councillors at war following 'vile' and 'hateful' protest in Sidcup