An MP was “fascinated” when he joined a postman on his delivery round through Eltham last Friday (July 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford shadowed postie Matt Russell to see the challenges of delivering mail six days a week to every house and business in Eltham.
He said: “It is fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes to deliver the mail on a daily basis.
“Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community.”
Royal Mail delivery manager Grant Smith, who briefed Mr Efford before he set off on his walk, added: “We’re delighted that Clive Efford MP has taken the time to experience the everyday challenges faced by our delivery postmen and women.”
- UPDATE: Met Office issue warning of snow and ice today across south east England
- Girl, 17, hit by Mercedes car in Wickham Lane, Plumstead
- Thousands call for military museum to stay in Woolwich
- Cash robbed from security van in New Ash Green
- Greenwich propaganda rag costs taxpayers more than £100,000 every year