An MP was “fascinated” when he joined a postman on his delivery round through Eltham last Friday (July 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford shadowed postie Matt Russell to see the challenges of delivering mail six days a week to every house and business in Eltham.
He said: “It is fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes to deliver the mail on a daily basis.
“Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community.”
Royal Mail delivery manager Grant Smith, who briefed Mr Efford before he set off on his walk, added: “We’re delighted that Clive Efford MP has taken the time to experience the everyday challenges faced by our delivery postmen and women.”
- UPDATE: Warning after mystery white powder 'poisons' Greenwich dogs
- Bromley schoolboy died after he was punched in the face unprovoked, court hears
- Ukip choose culture spokesman as candidate for Eltham election
- Northumberland Heath shops take on meningitis with fundraising week
- Shirtless man in two-hour police stand-off outside Lewisham Hospital