An MP was “fascinated” when he joined a postman on his delivery round through Eltham last Friday (July 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford shadowed postie Matt Russell to see the challenges of delivering mail six days a week to every house and business in Eltham.
He said: “It is fascinating to see the work that goes on behind the scenes to deliver the mail on a daily basis.
“Postmen and women perform an incredibly important function in our community.”
Royal Mail delivery manager Grant Smith, who briefed Mr Efford before he set off on his walk, added: “We’re delighted that Clive Efford MP has taken the time to experience the everyday challenges faced by our delivery postmen and women.”
- VIDEO: Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- 'Hugely proud' Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar celebrates Petts Wood's Indian Essence's Bib Gourmand
- George Verrier fundraiser in Welling attended by Capital Radio DJ Dave Berry
- Police find drugs hidden in man’s underpants after stopping his car in Pratts Bottom
- Gravesend arts centre coffee morning raises £200 to fight cancer