St Paul's Cray resident complains local McDonald's generator is disturbing the peace (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
St Paul's Cray resident complains local McDonald's generator is disturbing the peace
A St Paul’s Cray resident is complaining his local McDonald’s is creating a disturbance as it currently requires a large outside generator for power.
David Foxwell, 62, says the temporary supply is creating unwelcome noise 24 hours a day and is affecting his sleep.
The branch, in Sevenoaks Way, has had to run off the generator since a fire caused electrical problems on June 16.
Mr Foxwell told News Shopper he can hear it humming from inside his house and says it is damaging his quality of life.
He added: "Surely in this day and age the time it has repair to an electricity supply is unreasonably long?
"No one can tell us how long we have to endure further night’s sleep disturbance caused by the constant drone of the generator."
He said the McDonald’s also caused a "smell of rancid fat, litter, and traffic chaos" in the area.
A McDonald’s spokesman said: "We apologise to our neighbours for any noise disturbance they may be experiencing from the temporary generator.
"We are working with UK Power Networks, which maintains the electrical supply network, to introduce a permanent solution as soon as possible and have put up acoustic fencing around the generator as a short-term noise reduction measure."
- Orpington man guilty of importing millions of pounds worth of cocaine into UK
- PICTURED: Armed police in South Darenth after reports of a stabbing
- VIDEO: See how Thamesmead looked like utopia when it was new in 1969
- 92-year-old woman who slipped over near Bromley Sainsbury's thanks people who came to her aid
- Former Gravesend curry restaurant owners prosecuted over mice infestation