A man has been jailed for six years after admitting raping a 12-year-old girl behind a Plumstead garage.
Peter Kyle Nash, 26, met the victim and her 14-year-old friend on a Plumstead petrol station forecourt and lured them into his car where he got them drunk on May 25.
The 26-year-old, of Elgar Street, Surrey Docks, encouraged the younger girl to perform a sex act on him and left them intoxicated and vomiting by the roadside where a member of the public found them the following morning.
Nash was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on June 30 to six years in prison after admitting one count of rape against a girl under the age of 13.
The court heard Nash drove his car to a secluded area behind some garages in Ravine Grove, Plumstead, where he abused the girl.
Nash, who also goes under the false name Carlos, was caught after detectives launched an investigation and traced him using DNA evidence.
Detective Constable Anna Ambros, of the Met’s sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command, said: “Peter Kyle Nash exploited a vulnerable 12 year girl, who along with her family have been left greatly affected by what happened.
“Her determination to see him brought to justice must be commended and I hope Nash’s lengthy prison term will give other victims the courage to come forward and report their experiences to the police, so that it can be investigated by specially trained officers who will listen to victims and support them throughout the process.”
She added: “I cannot rule out the possibility that Nash may have offended before, we are aware he uses the false name of ‘Carlos’ and I would like to take this opportunity to encourage anyone who may have been assaulted him to contact the police.”
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine