Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Artist creates stunning end of term shopfront
A Ladywell shop has teamed up with an artist and stationery designer from Lewisham to create this unique window display to mark the end of term and the summer holidays.
Rebecca Cahill Roots, of Betty Etiquette, has designed with Slater and King’s window, and credits the shop for nurturing her fledgling career.
She said: “It can be really hard in your first few years of setting up a business but I have had real support from my local community and Jason has been fantastic, giving me advice and becoming one of the first stockists of my work.
“He organised a Christmas market last year and encouraged me to have a stall and this experience gave me the confidence to go on and launch Betty Etiquette my new stationery brand.”
The window display has an end of term summer feel with present ideas for teachers and summer treats. All the illustrations are hand drawn and the wallpaper is hand printed.
The pictures below show how the display took shape:
- Bromley on the Bakerloo line - 10 other things bound to happen by 2040
- Photofun: View from your window - what can you see outside right now?
- 14 things you must see this week
- 5 things to see and do in...Sundridge Park
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (July 26 to 27)