Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Save Lewisham Hospital campaigners call for positive stories of patient care
Campaigners who helped save threatened services at Lewisham Hospital are calling for positive stories of excellent patient care.
Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign has teamed with Lewisham Healthwatch to research examples of excellent community care with the aim of supporting care in and out of hospital in the borough.
Stories are being gathered from patients, clinicians and managers to uncover the key ingredients to first-class healthcare.
An inquiry took place on June 28 to discuss community care and a plan will be drawn up on July 29 at a public meeting at Catford Civic Suite from 10.30am to 2pm.
Manager of Healthwatch Lewisham Miriam Long said: “The next stage is to write the report and a plan of action that will be discussed with commissioners. The involvement of so many people has meant we’ll be able to tell them a compelling story.”
To share your positive story visit savelewishamhospital.com/community-care-survey/
- 6-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
- Tributes paid to former funeral manager Jane Dale from Gravesend
- Golf club grass fire in Orpington causes damage to land equivalent to two football pitches