Lewisham Police Station opened its doors to more than 3,000 visitors last Sunday (June 29).
Guests were able to go behind-the-scenes at Europe’s largest police station and view the cells, vintage police vehicles, as well as meeting police horses and the dog unit.
The annual open day attracted a record 3,227 people and aimed to highlight the work of officers to the community.
There was a Volunteer Police Cadets stall and information about the CitySafe scheme, crime prevention, Safer Neighbourhoods and more as well as a competition for budding young detectives.
Chief Superintendent Russell Nyman said: "It was a fantastic day, very well attended by the public of Lewisham who had the opportunity first hand to experience some of the activities we get involved in."
- Crowd trouble at Rotherham v Millwall game
- Fawkham nudists battle to save caravans at naturist club
- VIDEO: Has a ghost been caught on film at Orpington Priory?
- New Cross teen charged with firearms offences
- VIDEO: Funny or plain stupid? Gravesend prankster, Daniel Jarvis, attempts to give police officers parking fines