Lewisham Police Station open day attracts 3,000 to Europe's largest police station (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham Police Station open day attracts 3,000 to Europe's largest police station
Lewisham Police Station opened its doors to more than 3,000 visitors last Sunday (June 29).
Guests were able to go behind-the-scenes at Europe’s largest police station and view the cells, vintage police vehicles, as well as meeting police horses and the dog unit.
The annual open day attracted a record 3,227 people and aimed to highlight the work of officers to the community.
There was a Volunteer Police Cadets stall and information about the CitySafe scheme, crime prevention, Safer Neighbourhoods and more as well as a competition for budding young detectives.
Chief Superintendent Russell Nyman said: "It was a fantastic day, very well attended by the public of Lewisham who had the opportunity first hand to experience some of the activities we get involved in."
- GCSE results day: All the news and pictures
- No proper disabled access for eight months at Empire Cinema in Bromley
- Four taken to hospital after Blackwall Tunnel crash
- Onlookers amazed by 'the sandman' in Woolwich
- Greenwich war veteran's emotional visit to Singapore memorial
Comments are closed on this article.