Lewisham Police Station open day attracts 3,000 to Europe's largest police station (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham Police Station open day attracts 3,000 to Europe's largest police station
Lewisham Police Station opened its doors to more than 3,000 visitors last Sunday (June 29).
Guests were able to go behind-the-scenes at Europe’s largest police station and view the cells, vintage police vehicles, as well as meeting police horses and the dog unit.
The annual open day attracted a record 3,227 people and aimed to highlight the work of officers to the community.
There was a Volunteer Police Cadets stall and information about the CitySafe scheme, crime prevention, Safer Neighbourhoods and more as well as a competition for budding young detectives.
Chief Superintendent Russell Nyman said: "It was a fantastic day, very well attended by the public of Lewisham who had the opportunity first hand to experience some of the activities we get involved in."
- Six-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Bromley charity visit sees unexpected appearance from Prime Minister David Cameron
- Grove Park stakes claim to be home of Edith Nesbit classic The Railway Children
- UPDATE: Parent outrage as Bromley Council committee decision leaves children without a school
- Horrible bosses: Almost half of Londoners hate their managers - how about you?