The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman has admitted killing her but still faces trial for her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of Aviemore Close, Beckenham, today pleaded guilty to manslaughter following her death last year.
Miss Newman, also from Beckenham, died of head injuries after falling ill at a house in New Addington on November 11.
Boyce initially claimed her death was an accident but admitted responsibility at the Old Bailey today.
He denies murder.
Prosecutor Gillian Etherton said the Crown Prosecution Service did not accept the lesser charge of manslaughter and would await the defence's written reasoning.
A new trial date of January 26 has been set.
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham