The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman has admitted killing her but still faces trial for her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of Aviemore Close, Beckenham, today pleaded guilty to manslaughter following her death last year.
Miss Newman, also from Beckenham, died of head injuries after falling ill at a house in New Addington on November 11.
Boyce initially claimed her death was an accident but admitted responsibility at the Old Bailey today.
He denies murder.
Prosecutor Gillian Etherton said the Crown Prosecution Service did not accept the lesser charge of manslaughter and would await the defence's written reasoning.
A new trial date of January 26 has been set.
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash