The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman has admitted killing her but still faces trial for her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of Aviemore Close, Beckenham, today pleaded guilty to manslaughter following her death last year.
Miss Newman, also from Beckenham, died of head injuries after falling ill at a house in New Addington on November 11.
Boyce initially claimed her death was an accident but admitted responsibility at the Old Bailey today.
He denies murder.
Prosecutor Gillian Etherton said the Crown Prosecution Service did not accept the lesser charge of manslaughter and would await the defence's written reasoning.
A new trial date of January 26 has been set.
- Mottingham pensioner told gift card halved in value - and she had to pay extra
- 'He touched all our hearts': Tributes paid to man killed by train near Dartford station
- Man and two teens arrested - and crossbow seized - in Welling drugs and weapons raid
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended