The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman has admitted killing her but still faces trial for her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of Aviemore Close, Beckenham, today pleaded guilty to manslaughter following her death last year.
Miss Newman, also from Beckenham, died of head injuries after falling ill at a house in New Addington on November 11.
Boyce initially claimed her death was an accident but admitted responsibility at the Old Bailey today.
He denies murder.
Prosecutor Gillian Etherton said the Crown Prosecution Service did not accept the lesser charge of manslaughter and would await the defence's written reasoning.
A new trial date of January 26 has been set.
- A man has been stabbed outside a primary school in Plumstead
- Updated: 15-year-old boy charged in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation
- Teenager arrested in connection to Blackheath murder released on bail
- Brollies or barbecues? It's the bank holiday weather
- A woman whose teeth snapped off while she ate toast has been handed £15,000 compensation from dentists