The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman has admitted killing her but still faces trial for her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of Aviemore Close, Beckenham, today pleaded guilty to manslaughter following her death last year.
Miss Newman, also from Beckenham, died of head injuries after falling ill at a house in New Addington on November 11.
Boyce initially claimed her death was an accident but admitted responsibility at the Old Bailey today.
He denies murder.
Prosecutor Gillian Etherton said the Crown Prosecution Service did not accept the lesser charge of manslaughter and would await the defence's written reasoning.
A new trial date of January 26 has been set.
- UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel closure causes TEN MILE queues
- TWELVE MILE queues at Dartford Crossing due to drivers slowing down to look at lorry crash
- TRAVEL: Southern warns of cancellations due to conductor and driver shortage
- Truly stunning - 24 of Tim Peake's most amazing photos from space
- Police appeal after 10-year-old autistic boy goes missing from Sydenham