The boyfriend of 20-year-old Paula Newman has admitted killing her but still faces trial for her murder.
Kane Boyce, 33, of Aviemore Close, Beckenham, today pleaded guilty to manslaughter following her death last year.
Miss Newman, also from Beckenham, died of head injuries after falling ill at a house in New Addington on November 11.
Boyce initially claimed her death was an accident but admitted responsibility at the Old Bailey today.
He denies murder.
Prosecutor Gillian Etherton said the Crown Prosecution Service did not accept the lesser charge of manslaughter and would await the defence's written reasoning.
A new trial date of January 26 has been set.
- PICTURES: Major delays on Southeastern after freight train derailment
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- Family of missing Welling student disappointed after police release appeal with incorrect information and blurry photo
- DLR train travelling to Woolwich Arsenal stuck under the Thames for more than an hour
- Funeral fundraising appeal for man hit by car in Swanley