A woman has been arrested after a man collapsed in Travelodge, Bromley, last Friday (June 27) and later died.
The man has been formally identified as Kee Chung, 60, of Manor Road, Chislehurst.
His death is currently unexplained.
A police spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 10.45pm on Friday (June 27) to a south London hospital after a man, who had been admitted to A&E that night, had died.
"London Ambulance Service had been called to a hotel in London Road, Bromley earlier that night to reports that a man had collapsed.
"A special post-mortem examination was carried out on Saturday (June 28) at the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) but a cause of death has yet to be established.
"We are now awaiting toxicology results.
"A 38-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the investigation and has been bailed to a south London police station in mid-September pending further enquiries."
Did you know Kee Chung? Send your tributes to email@example.com
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine