Gravesend RNLI was called to a fire at Tilbury Grain Terminal yesterday afternoon.
These amazing pictures show two fire tugboats and crews from Essex Fire and Rescue Service spraying a 150m by 10m rubber conveyor belt which was 30 per cent alight at the height of the blaze.
Smoke from the fire can be seen engulfing the tower at the grain terminal.
The RNLI stood by with the PLA Harbour launch after being called 2.53 pm.
Six fire engines and the pair of tugboats took around two-and-a-half hours to put the fire out.
Crews remained for some time afterwards dealing with hot-spots and damping down.
There are not thought to have been any injuries.
- Stat Chat: What drives people to lose weight?
- Pet of the Day: Hector won't stand for any bullying of Poppie the cat
- Man, aged 58, denies raping a women in Dartford
- Police hunt for Bluewater bus masturbator who dropped trousers behind two passengers
- Trial date set for Swanscombe prison officer accused of corrupt relationship with Sun journalist