Gravesend RNLI was called to a fire at Tilbury Grain Terminal yesterday afternoon.
These amazing pictures show two fire tugboats and crews from Essex Fire and Rescue Service spraying a 150m by 10m rubber conveyor belt which was 30 per cent alight at the height of the blaze.
Smoke from the fire can be seen engulfing the tower at the grain terminal.
The RNLI stood by with the PLA Harbour launch after being called 2.53 pm.
Six fire engines and the pair of tugboats took around two-and-a-half hours to put the fire out.
Crews remained for some time afterwards dealing with hot-spots and damping down.
There are not thought to have been any injuries.
- Stat Chat: Prude v nude - what's the naked truth about our attitudes to bare skin?
- Cute and playful Molly is Pet of the Day
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'