Gravesend RNLI was called to a fire at Tilbury Grain Terminal yesterday afternoon.
These amazing pictures show two fire tugboats and crews from Essex Fire and Rescue Service spraying a 150m by 10m rubber conveyor belt which was 30 per cent alight at the height of the blaze.
Smoke from the fire can be seen engulfing the tower at the grain terminal.
The RNLI stood by with the PLA Harbour launch after being called 2.53 pm.
Six fire engines and the pair of tugboats took around two-and-a-half hours to put the fire out.
Crews remained for some time afterwards dealing with hot-spots and damping down.
There are not thought to have been any injuries.
- Third times a charm for newly elected Dartford mayor Ian Armitt
- UPDATE: Air ambulance called to pedestrian hit by a lorry on A2
- Bistro and deli Champagne + Fromage heading for Greenwich Market
- Chick it out: Peregrine falcons breed in Lewisham
- Kent County Council name Mike Harrison as new chairman