Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Gravesend RNLI called to Tilbury Grain Terminal fire
Gravesend RNLI was called to a fire at Tilbury Grain Terminal yesterday afternoon.
These amazing pictures show two fire tugboats and crews from Essex Fire and Rescue Service spraying a 150m by 10m rubber conveyor belt which was 30 per cent alight at the height of the blaze.
Smoke from the fire can be seen engulfing the tower at the grain terminal.
The RNLI stood by with the PLA Harbour launch after being called 2.53 pm.
Six fire engines and the pair of tugboats took around two-and-a-half hours to put the fire out.
Crews remained for some time afterwards dealing with hot-spots and damping down.
There are not thought to have been any injuries.
- Overturned vehicle causing delays along Bromley Road
- Will Gala Bingo in Spital Street, Dartford, be turned into a church?
- Dartford stations win top safety awards
- Traditional telling of Puccini's Madama Butterfly in Dartford
- Bromley Green Party member calls for council to back London environmental plan
Comments are closed on this article.