Sisters from Chislehurst, who were once widely recognised as Britain’s leading twin act, are preparing to launch their memoirs.
Peggie and Mollie Bensaid will mark the release of All The World’s A Stage with a signing and Q and A at The Churchill Theatre in Bromley on Wednesday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm.
The sisters, now in their 90s, appeared in pantomime at the then-New Theatre, Bromley in 1936/7, aged 14.
In their 70 years in showbusiness, they worked with Laurel and Hardy, Shirley Bassey and Tommy Cooper.
The launch will also feature a performance from barber shop choir The Kentones.
- Ladywell political cartoonist's brutally funny book highlights coalition's bumpy ride
- Women's vote battle recounted in controversial book by Forest Hill author
- New children's book based on Charles Darwin's adventures in Downe, Bromley
- Stuffed animals, book signings and sea shanties: Literary happenings across London
- An evening of taxidermy in Forest Hill to launch best-selling author Kate Mosse's new novel