Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
90-year-old showbiz twins to launch memoirs in Bromley
Sisters from Chislehurst, who were once widely recognised as Britain’s leading twin act, are preparing to launch their memoirs.
Peggie and Mollie Bensaid will mark the release of All The World’s A Stage with a signing and Q and A at The Churchill Theatre in Bromley on Wednesday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm.
The sisters, now in their 90s, appeared in pantomime at the then-New Theatre, Bromley in 1936/7, aged 14.
In their 70 years in showbusiness, they worked with Laurel and Hardy, Shirley Bassey and Tommy Cooper.
The launch will also feature a performance from barber shop choir The Kentones.
- An evening of taxidermy in Forest Hill to launch best-selling author Kate Mosse's new novel
- Skulduggery Pleasant author Derek Landy heading for Bluewater
- QUIZ: Does a certain someone want to be more than just friends?
- POLL: Can guys and girls ever be just friends? New novel set in south east London explores topic
- The Miniaturist author reveals her love for Forest Hill and tips for budding writers
Comments are closed on this article.