Sisters from Chislehurst, who were once widely recognised as Britain’s leading twin act, are preparing to launch their memoirs.
Peggie and Mollie Bensaid will mark the release of All The World’s A Stage with a signing and Q and A at The Churchill Theatre in Bromley on Wednesday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm.
The sisters, now in their 90s, appeared in pantomime at the then-New Theatre, Bromley in 1936/7, aged 14.
In their 70 years in showbusiness, they worked with Laurel and Hardy, Shirley Bassey and Tommy Cooper.
The launch will also feature a performance from barber shop choir The Kentones.
- Author's sexy crime thriller nominated for award
- Interview: Bake Off winner Nadiya prepares for Bluewater signing
- Former Home Secretary and publisher’s top new talent head for Dulwich book shop in September
- Bromley FC fan’s book celebrates team’s best-ever season and its ‘army of insane fans’
- QUIZ: Do you know London as well as a Blue Badge tour guide?