Sisters from Chislehurst, who were once widely recognised as Britain’s leading twin act, are preparing to launch their memoirs.
Peggie and Mollie Bensaid will mark the release of All The World’s A Stage with a signing and Q and A at The Churchill Theatre in Bromley on Wednesday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm.
The sisters, now in their 90s, appeared in pantomime at the then-New Theatre, Bromley in 1936/7, aged 14.
In their 70 years in showbusiness, they worked with Laurel and Hardy, Shirley Bassey and Tommy Cooper.
The launch will also feature a performance from barber shop choir The Kentones.
- 10 things you don’t want to miss at Greenwich Book Festival
- Bexleyheath big cat keeper writes about the time he took a tiger to Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Gruesome south London murders from Tudor times chronicled in new book
- Political heavyweights and best sellers line up for Dulwich Literary Festival
- Author's sexy crime thriller nominated for award