Sisters from Chislehurst, who were once widely recognised as Britain’s leading twin act, are preparing to launch their memoirs.
Peggie and Mollie Bensaid will mark the release of All The World’s A Stage with a signing and Q and A at The Churchill Theatre in Bromley on Wednesday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm.
The sisters, now in their 90s, appeared in pantomime at the then-New Theatre, Bromley in 1936/7, aged 14.
In their 70 years in showbusiness, they worked with Laurel and Hardy, Shirley Bassey and Tommy Cooper.
The launch will also feature a performance from barber shop choir The Kentones.
- 7 of the best book events happening in south London in January and February
- 2 million subscribers and rising: US Youtube comedy phenomenon Grace Helbig talks to Vibe
- Vibe's top 5 literary tips for 2015
- Davina McCall to sign ‘sugar-free’ books in Bromley
- Cockroaches in Bromley and a naked stag night prank: author Peter James on bringing Dead Simple to Dartford stage