Sisters from Chislehurst, who were once widely recognised as Britain’s leading twin act, are preparing to launch their memoirs.
Peggie and Mollie Bensaid will mark the release of All The World’s A Stage with a signing and Q and A at The Churchill Theatre in Bromley on Wednesday, July 9, from 2pm to 4pm.
The sisters, now in their 90s, appeared in pantomime at the then-New Theatre, Bromley in 1936/7, aged 14.
In their 70 years in showbusiness, they worked with Laurel and Hardy, Shirley Bassey and Tommy Cooper.
The launch will also feature a performance from barber shop choir The Kentones.
- Jon Ronson and Victoria Hislop join first Greenwich Book Festival
- EastEnders and singing star David Essex to meet fans at Bluewater
- Goldsmiths graduate Evie Wyld appears at Dulwich Books for European Book Award
- REVEALED: Top 50 children's books and top 20 best-loved children's characters
- 'Burn the lot': Horrible Histories author Terry Deary on why the Dartford-bound live shows beat textbooks