A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital after a crash involving three cars near to the Blackwall Tunnel this afternoon (July 1).
London Ambulance Service (LAS) staff were called to reports of a collision involving three cars and a motorbike near the tunnel’s south approach at 12.59pm.
The motorcyclist was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital with a shoulder injury.
Traffic was heavy in the area following the incident with queues reported to be easing.
An LAS spokeswoman said: “We were called at 12.58pm to a road traffic collision near the Blackwall Tunnel south approach between three cars and a motorbike.
“We sent an ambulance crew and a single responder in a car and we took one patient with a shoulder injury to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.”
- 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Man rescued from Greenwich fire
- 'Long term future' of nurseries could be at risk from proposed flat-rate funding, London Councils warns
- VIDEO: Police release CCTV in renewed appeal for information in 'motiveless' murder of New Cross 'gentle giant'