Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Saturday Kitchen comes to Bromley to inspire next generation of chefs
Saturday Kitchen came to Bromley at the weekend as budding chefs tried their hand at preparing three-course menus.
The classes, held at Bromley College, ran on each Saturday of June and gave youngsters aged 13-16 the chance to find out more about cookery.
The half-day lessons were led by catering college head Scott Freeman, who said: “We’re delighted to be inspiring a new generation of young people to get excited about healthy eating and cooking.”
In September the college is set to launch its new hospitality wing and hopes the Saturday Kitchen events inspired the borough’s youngsters to pursue a career behind the stove.
This month free evening taster sessions are going ahead to teach young people and adults a bit more about food and drink.
- Overturned vehicle causing delays along Bromley Road
- Will Gala Bingo in Spital Street, Dartford, be turned into a church?
- Dartford stations win top safety awards
- Traditional telling of Puccini's Madama Butterfly in Dartford
- Bromley Green Party member calls for council to back London environmental plan
Comments are closed on this article.