Saturday Kitchen came to Bromley at the weekend as budding chefs tried their hand at preparing three-course menus.
The classes, held at Bromley College, ran on each Saturday of June and gave youngsters aged 13-16 the chance to find out more about cookery.
The half-day lessons were led by catering college head Scott Freeman, who said: “We’re delighted to be inspiring a new generation of young people to get excited about healthy eating and cooking.”
In September the college is set to launch its new hospitality wing and hopes the Saturday Kitchen events inspired the borough’s youngsters to pursue a career behind the stove.
This month free evening taster sessions are going ahead to teach young people and adults a bit more about food and drink.
- Heavy showers to hit London this week
- Too tall lorry closes Blackwall Tunnel
- No Woolwich Ferry service this morning
- DLR staff balloted on strike action over pay
- Kent Police offers advice to victims of stalking