Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Saturday Kitchen comes to Bromley to inspire next generation of chefs
Saturday Kitchen came to Bromley at the weekend as budding chefs tried their hand at preparing three-course menus.
The classes, held at Bromley College, ran on each Saturday of June and gave youngsters aged 13-16 the chance to find out more about cookery.
The half-day lessons were led by catering college head Scott Freeman, who said: “We’re delighted to be inspiring a new generation of young people to get excited about healthy eating and cooking.”
In September the college is set to launch its new hospitality wing and hopes the Saturday Kitchen events inspired the borough’s youngsters to pursue a career behind the stove.
This month free evening taster sessions are going ahead to teach young people and adults a bit more about food and drink.
- VIDEO: Lightning bolt rips through Welling house leaving family homeless
- Woolwich buildings reopened after 'suspect package' declared safe
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school
- Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley