Many residents from south-east London and beyond shunned Glastonbury in favour of the Crystal Palace Overground Festival at the weekend.
With main events held for the first time at Crystal Palace Park, crowds flocked to see the best of the area’s creativity.
Photo Deborah Fletcher
Organisers thanked everyone involved on its website following the final events on Sunday, and said: “Once again we pulled it off and when I say we, I really do mean we our community, the wonderful people of Crystal Palace.
“The festival is always a time when I feel most honoured to be a resident here and I meet so many great people by being involved with the event.”
Photo Paul Grace
Dozens of attendees took to Twitter to celebrate a happy four days.
Hele Zaltman tweeted: “Sure, Glastonbury has Dolly Parton; but at the Crystal Palace Overground Festival I won £25 at the Bingo.”
While Katie Langdon commented: “Who needs @GlastoFest when you've got @SE19festival Great vibe and fabulous vintage wares. #greatdayout”
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'