Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Petts Wood 'Running Man' tribute run set for this weekend
A 'Running Man' tribute run will take place on Sunday (June 29), honouring the man famed for his topless jogging through Petts Wood.
James Gilson died in April at what is thought to be the age of 87.
His death triggered hundreds of online tributes, while hundreds lined the streets as his hearse travelled through Petts Wood on the day of his funeral.
The 6.5k event, entitled 'The Spirit of Running Man', is taking place at 10am, and will take in some of the route Mr Gilson used to run.
It will start in Lakeswood Road, Petts Wood, near St James the Great Roman Catholic Church, and finish outside the Royal British Legion in Queensway, Petts Wood.
A little memento of the run can be purchased for £5, with the profit split between two charities, St John Ambulance and Cancer Research UK.
- Pet of the Day: Roxy the Staffie turning her breed's stereotype around
- VIDEO: Lightning bolt rips through Welling house leaving family homeless
- Woolwich buildings reopened after 'suspect package' declared safe
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school