A man was found hanged near Well Wood in West Wickham yesterday afternoon (June 26).
The 47-year-old was found in Lime Tree Walk just after 4pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 4.10pm to an incident near Lime Tree Walk in West Wickham.
"We sent a single responder in a car, two ambulance crews and London's air ambulance to the scene.
"Sadly, despite efforts resuscitate the patient, a man was pronounced dead at the scene."
The man's death is not being treated as suspicious.
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London
- As it happened: all the action from Anthony Joshua's world title fight at The O2
- EU referendum results and reactions for SE London and north Kent - how did your borough vote?
- Former Queen Elizabeth Hospital gynaecologist guilty of series of sex assaults on patients
- Man, 26, arrested over burglary at Gravesend gurdwara